Are All Crop Circles Man-Made?
- There are many eyewitness accounts of crop circles being spontaneously formed. The book Crop Circles – History, Research and Theories by the Norwegian researcher Eva-Marie BrekkestØ contains an entire chapter, 40 pages of different types of eyewitness reports. Some reports have more detail than others, but many of the accounts from all over the world are eerily similar to each other.
- There are several accounts by pilots and other witnesses who have flown over a field where there is no design, and a short time later, fly over the same spot and a crop circle has appeared. Some of the designs appear in broad daylight, seemingly instantaneously.
- Michigan biophysicist W.C. Levengood compiled an
extensive amount of data in the study of plant abnormalities found in downed
More than 250 crop formations from multiple countries, over a 10-year period
The study found the following in downed crop but not the crop left standing (control):
- Abnormal enlargement of cell wall pits in bract tissue
- Enlarged plant stem nodes (both laterally and longitudinally).
- Bending of the stem nodes or base of the stem. Crop bent by planks or mechanical means usually snaps at the base, especially later in the season when plant stems become more brittle. Crop bent at the nodes across a large area cannot be accomplished by mechanical means either.
- Expulsion cavities in one or more of the nodes, most likely caused by microwave radiation that turns internal moisture into steam. These “exploded nodes” are not found in man-made crop circles.
- Stunted, malformed seeds and germination effects. These effects “are thought to be caused by exposure of the plants to a complex atmospheric plasma energy system which is emitting heat (probably microwaves) in association with unusual electrical pulses and strong magnetic fields.”
- Many instances of strange phenomenon have been documented by people entering crop circles. This includes the malfunction of electronic devices such as cameras, as well as emotional and physiological effects on the human body. Lucy Pringle has been working for many years to compile this empirical evidence. She has documented much of it on her website (http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/).
- Some of the designs contain crop that has been woven stalk by stalk, alternating from side to side. I have also seen pictures of a basket weave, where groups of crop run perpendicular over or under another group that was standing next to it. This type of weaving would be impossible to fake on such a large scale. The hoaxed ones are usually made of concentric, plank-width circles, which breaks the stem of the crop at a 90 degree angle to the ground.
- As I saw for myself in June 2012, some of the circles that appear on muddy nights have no trace of mud on top of the downed crop, and seem to float above the mud. I was one of the first people to enter a crop circle that appeared on a rainy night during one of the rainiest Junes on record. The ground was like clay soup, and my boots were caked in it when I finally reached the downed crop. The wheat was bent, but not all the way to the ground, and there was no mud anywhere on the crop. As I stepped onto the downed wheat, it was impossible to not mash it into the ground, and after our group left, the new design was caked in mud and completely flattened.
|Stanton St. Bernard, Phase II (June 17 2012)|
- Some of the designs are rotated and scaled to intersect with tram lines and other geographical landmarks, while still maintaining complex geometric rules consistent with the other (“genuine”) designs. These intersection points mark locations of geometric importance within the design. It would be nearly impossible to do this without a very accurate survey of the land, including tramlines, and incredible accuracy in determining the centers of the circles on the ground.
- Crop circles from different countries separated by miles share the same complex geometric rules. There would need to be a well-organized group of people all around the world who have agreed to base their designs on the same geometric principles, and who are coordinating with each other.